Locally Grown’s Downtown Farmer’s Market Report
1. Last year it was all Pregnant Women and Puppies, this year it is Babies and Dogs. Seems nature is taking its natural course.
2. The ratio of big sunglasses to gladiator sandals is still 1.28 to 1.
3. There is still only one real breakfast burrito joint, but Sbrocco and a few others are still trying to convince people otherwise.
4. George Formaro’s Street Food Stand was just chorizo and egg tacos. I expected something more exciting. (Although I couldn’t get on due to confusion, I hear they were tasty).
5. Produce not grown locally was generally labeled as so, also saw a “We Grow Our Own Produce” stand which kicks ass. I like that attitude, keep it up.
6. People looked happy and satisfied. That is really the important part.
Overall quite overwhelming for a guy who prefers small gatherings to huge crowds, but what a beautiful day for some meandering and dog watching.
Market Tip: if you want to get the best produce, show up EARLY. I didn’t!
7 Comments so far
Leave a comment