Filed under: Uncategorized | Tags: a-holes, hybrid vehicles, meat industry, Vegan
Monday’s Mundane Pizza Post created some great conversation about pizza, and some amazing name calling towards some unknown Vegan individual who may or may not exist in the real world, as the story told of said Vegan was third hand and smacks of a classic “Stock Scenario”/”Old Vegan Wives Tale.” People, I am here to clear up some of your skewed notions of what Vegans are and are not.
This is all brought on by a reader named Pat who, by grace of his righteous heart, blessed this blog’s comments section with some very bigoted statements and inferences. Pat, you are an asshole, and not just the kind that tips poorly or is condescending to their server (although I have a sneaky suspicion that you might be that kind also). Thank you for making me have to ditch the post I was working on and write this post. I appreciate it. We all do.
First and foremost, Vegans are people too. Keep this in mind as we take this journey together. Yes, Vegans can be gay, straight, right wing, left wing, a-holes, nice folks, moms, dads, kids, bus drivers, activists, and sometimes a major pain in the ass to dine out with. This is why I try to educate those on both sides on good common ground dining spots and how to approach dining together in a manner which all parties are satisfied. We should all be able to get along, and without name calling, stereotypes, and comments which generate such animosity towards one’s dietary/life choices.
If you look at the facts from all sides of the meat planet vs. veggie planet argument, and read extensively you will notice a few things. The argument for a Veg planet is made mainly by people of science who have come from a “normal” background, but have decided that the scientific facts have shown their analytical minds some information supporting the need for humans to change their ways or suffer grave consequences, be it Environmental or Personal Health. The meat-side argument is generally made by everyone else. These people are basically lobbyists for the meat industry, without actually holding the job title. That is a lot of free lobyist hours! Let’s take a closer look.
Vegan “Whackos” Vs. Meat Industry Con Vs. Con
- Vegan “Whackos” have been known to piss off people with their over-demanding ways and self righteous attitude.
- Meat Industry has been known to poison the world’s food supply with tainted animal products that have sickened tens of thousands of people.
- Vegan “Whackos” do things like throw red paint of fur coat wearing folks, destroying a piece of clothing worth thousands of dollars.
- Meat Industry does things like slaughter billions of animals every year, many times holding them in conditions that not only make the animal suffer (not a care for you manly meat eaters, of course), but create conditions which breed the diseases which get passed on to the food supply.
- Vegan “Whackos” may choose to lighten their “carbon footprint” by riding a bike to work or maybe buying a hybrid vehicle (which is not really a Vegan thing, as most hybrid owners are just “regular joes” who are trying to wean themselves from expensive fossil fuel)
- Meat Industry may choose to lighten their “carbon footprint” by lobbying to have laws made which say that what they are doing doesn’t really use up all that much of our natural resources.
- Vegan “Whackos” sometimes won’t even buy certain furniture if it is known the company uses animal based glues
- Meat Industry really doesn’t care, glue is a great way to use all those scraps left from the butchering process.
- Vegan “Whackos” may volunteer to serve food at a homeless shelter, or become active in Food Not Bombs, which takes donations of unwanted food from local business and turns it into (mostly) vegetarian meals for the homeless, or any passer by. This is how they try to make a small dent in the world hunger.
- Meat Industry has had a large hand in creating the world hunger epidemic, using an enormous percentage of the world’s farm land and water to grow feed crops for the animals you eat, but poor people don’t. You can look all those numbers up yourself.
- Vegan “Whackos” write books, make videos, and generally try to make their stance known as they feel that the planet could use a change of pace if it is going to survive.
- Meat Industry well, they are so afraid of being called out on their bullshit, that they even sued OPRAH…and she settled. Look that one up. Powerful enough to silence OPRAH.
- Vegan “Whackos” have been known to be attacked both with words and physically for their choices and beliefs, often time being called homophobic names even though they are straight. But what heterosexual wouldn’t eat meat?
- Meat Industry sponsors nursing programs and hospitals and big events against world hunger, thinly masking…just enough…their role in disease, sickness, and hunger.
- Vegan “Whackos” are often extreme and may be motivated by something more of an inferiority complex or some other personality disorder.
- Meat Industry is motivated by greed
- Vegan “Whackos” sometimes have potlucks and enjoy sharing with friends
- Meat Industry has packing plants where hundreds of people die each year just to process that meat you need to eat.
But after all that the “liberal media” has revealed about the questionable ethics and business practices, people generally still feel that the Meat Industry is their friend and that non-meat eaters are conspiring to take the average person’s dining rights away, forcing a mixture of greens, beans, and grains down the throats of diners like water fowl being fattened for Foie Gras.
I think everyone can, and should, get along.
…to be continued…
9 Comments so far
Leave a comment